Virus Mitigation Procedures
During a Virus outbreak the following procedures will be followed to help mitigate the event.
- If your machine is identified as having a virus it will be immediately removed from the campus network.
- The network registration information for your machine will be removed and placed in a black list file which prevents you from registering it.
- Your LDAP account will be locked and you will not have access to any services. (Internet, Email, Blackboard, Portal, etc.)
- IT Staff will make every attempt to contact you and explain the situation.
- Once you have brought your machine to the Help Desk to be cleaned all access to the network will be restored. However, you will need to perform network registration for your machine again.
Please note this is not meant to be a punishment, we are simply trying to limit the spread of the virus.
VCSU Information Technology Security Officer