Email Violation Procedure
When the VCSU campus Information Technology Security Officer (ITSO) discovers or is otherwise notified of an Email Violation the following procedures will be followed to help mitigate the event.
- An individual who is responsible will be notified by email that an email violation has occurred.
- The individual will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to meet with the VCSU ITSO and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- If the individual does not respond to the request within 24 hours, all network access will be suspended for the individual.
- During the meeting the individual will be referred to VCSU student code of conduct and the appropriate NDUS and VCSU policies regarding the use of email.
- A formal letter of reprimend will be issued and placed in the individuals permanent file.
- Additional sanctions may be imposed based on the severity of the violation and may include but not limited to suspension of some or all network resources for a period of time, suspension from the university or expulsion from the university.